1. After ordering my carport, outdoor shed, or steel garage how long will it take for delivery?
It takes anywhere from 1-4 weeks depending on where your site is located and the size of the carport or steel garage. Everyone works very hard to get it there as soon as possible.
2. When pouring my concrete what size should the slab be?
Always remember the frame is 1 foot shorter than the roof in length or just call one of our Keen’s Portable Buildings representatives to be sure at 1-888-620-0004.
3. What is the highest side leg I can have?
Keen’s Portable Buildings can install up to 14 ft. legs and the center of the unit is almost always 3 ft. taller than the legs.
4. Can adjustments be made to the legs if the ground is not level?
Installers can adjust the legs up or down 2-3 inches on the bottom rail of the carport or steel garage to help but level ground always works best.
5. What is the roof pitch of my carport or steel garage?
The roof pitch would depend on the width of your carport or steel garage. It varies between 2-4 feet but most of the time 3 feet 2 inches.
6. What are the dimensions on my carport from side to side?
We measure “side to side” the same as the width of the carport. It’s always the width you order with the only difference being the length of the frame is always 1 foot shorter than the roof.
7. Can we put our carport at the end of our home?
Yes. The installers cannot bolt the carport to any home or building but they can install it as close as possible.
8. Can I add upgrade options to my carport or steel garage after the initial install?
Yes. Keen’s Portable Buildings can add options to your carport or steel garage at any time. There is a $50.00 return trip fee added to any orders less than $795.00.
9. Will my carport or steel garage be anchored to the ground on my concrete slab?
Yes. Non-Certified carports have 3 ft. rebar drive anchors for ground and asphalt installations but may be upgraded to mobile home anchors for an additional charge. Certified carports and steel garages come standard with mobile home anchors and a set of blueprints that will answer any wind load or snow load questions.