Setting up a Gazebo – Points to Consider
A charming gazebo is a great way to enjoy the outdoors. Wooden handcrafted gazebos add to the beauty of a setting and are an ideal place to relax in, enjoy a meal, or take a quick break from outdoor work. The spot where you set up the structure is important. Here are some things to consider when you set it up:
- As the idea is to enjoy the outdoors, set it up in a spot in your garden where you have a nice view. Make sure it does not obstruct the view from your house.
- This site should ideally be level ground.
- To keep out direct sunlight and avoid the heat, set up your gazebo in the shade – under a shady tree, perhaps?
- If privacy is your main concern, locate the structure in a secluded place.
- Check out local building codes to make sure that you don’t violate them.
- Make sure that there are no underground utility lines at the construction site.
As for its construction, choose a product crafted from the finest quality hardwood, specially treated for weather-resistant, maintenance-free service. Make sure that the gazebo comes with a sturdy floor with pressure-treated boarding.